Jason Momoa apologizes after taking photos inside the Sistine Chapel

Jason Momoa apologizes after taking photos inside the Sistine Chapel

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Jason Momoa apologizes after snapping photos and video during a recent visit to the Sistine Chapel.

Earlier this week, the Aquaman star took to Instagram to share pictures he took of himself admiring the artwork at the Apostolic Palace. The only problem is that photography is taboo as the flash can damage the artwork.

“I LOVE YOU ITALY what a lovely start to our day off enjoying ROMA,” Momoa captioned his post. Fans were outraged, with some even believing the 42-year-old actor received special treatment.

Jason Mamoa visits the

Jason Mamoa attends the ‘Dune’ UK Special Screening at Odeon Luxe Leicester Square on October 18, 2021 in London, England.
(Photo by Samir Hussein/WireImage via Getty Images)

“We normal people are not allowed to film in the Sistine Chapel,” commented one user. Another fan said: “We can’t take pictures but a lot of celebrities can’t fault Jason (I adore him) but it’s not fair.”

JASON MOMOA, LISA BONET SPLIT AFTER 5 YEARS OF MARRIAGE

After receiving the backlash, Momoa released an apology video which was shared by Just Jared.

“I just wanted to say if you ever felt like I was disregarding your culture, that wasn’t my intention,” Momoa said.

Jason Momoa arrives at the premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures

Jason Momoa arrives at the premiere of Warner Bros. Pictures’ “Aquaman” at the Chinese Theater on December 12, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.
(Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

“I came here when I was 19 or 20 to experience the Sistine Chapel. I’ve always wanted to and now that I can I’ve made a wonderful donation to bring my friends and crew because we only had a few days off to experience these sets.”

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

He continued: “And then I found people who wanted to take pictures with me, which is very strange, during a trip to the Vatican with all these wonders, and they wanted to take pictures with me, which I don’t understand, but whatever, I did.

“I was very respectful and asked permission, which I think would be fine. I would never want to do anything to disrespect someone’s culture. If I did, I apologise. It was not my intention. I paid to have the moment private and made a nice donation to the church. I love you. I’m sorry if I offended you.”

Jason Momoa is seen during the filming of Fast and Furious 10 on May 13, 2022 in Rome, Italy.

Jason Momoa is seen during the filming of Fast and Furious 10 on May 13, 2022 in Rome, Italy.
(Photo by Ernesto Ruscio/GC Images)

Aside from seeing historical sites in Italy, Momoa has been filming for his upcoming movie Fast X. It is the sequel to F9 and the tenth main installment in the Fast & Furious franchise.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The film, which also stars Vin Diesel, Charlize Theron, Sung Kang and John Cena, is slated to hit theaters in May 2023.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.