For a TV set or a gourmet moment, there’s nothing like delicious vegan nuggets made with chickpeas to taste with your fingers! Accompanied by tomato sauce, barbecue, ketchup or veganaise, it’s already a classic! Notice to batch cooking enthusiasts: you can even prepare them in advance and freeze them.
- 600g cooked chickpeas
- 200g flour
- 100g gluten flour
- 10 cl of vegetable milk
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 15 cl of oil
- Preparation10 minutes
- Cooking15 mins
- 1 Drain and rinse the chickpeas in clear water. Mix them and work the dough obtained using a spatula in a salad bowl.
- 2 Add salt, spices according to your taste, flour and, gradually, about 20 cl of water. Mix quickly to obtain a firm, but not elastic dough.
- 3 Shape the nuggets by hand and bread them by passing them successively in flour, vegetable milk and breadcrumbs.
- 4 Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- 5 Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry your nuggets on each side until they have a nice golden color.
- 6 Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- 7 Serve hot.
For an even crispier result, replace the breadcrumbs with crushed corn flakes, guaranteed success! You can vary this recipe by using your favorite spices and even lliquid smoke, which gives a smoky taste to food.